Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Illustration-Assignment


I was looking through some old papers that I had shoved in a file cabinet. I was pleasantly surprised when I came across this sketch and thought I would share. I created this rough freehand ink sketch in Junior High School as a class assignment. The class had to draw the first letter of their name that would illustrate something about ourselves. I was the odd man out because everyone started with the letter shape and decorated upon it. Instead, I decided to let the object that define me would become the illustrated letter itself.

I used mechanical drawing tools and my old art supply box to form the letter "S". At that particular time in my life I did a lot of technical mechanical drawings. I really enjoyed creating the texture of the objects by using different pin strokes. The simplicity, dimension and dynamic angle still makes me smile. I had to be 10 or 12 years old when I did this.

This might be the only class assignment that I still own. Thank you for stopping by_Shaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment